The Lewis Award Committee has nine members and is comprised of parents and teachers from across the Diocese. The Bishop of Raleigh appoints the members from nominations made to him by the Lewis Award Committee, and members serve a term of four years. Monsignor Lewis, Anne Stahel, Chair Emeritus, and the Superintendent of Schools are permanent members of the Committee and serve in an ex officio capacity.
Current members of the Lewis Award Committee are:
- Mr. William Abel, Secretary, Ex Officio, Raleigh
- Mr. Keith Brown, Cary
- Dr. Michael Fedewa, Superintendent of Schools, Ex Officio, Oxford
- Mrs. Susan Goethals, Raleigh
- Dr. Colleen Grochowski, Chair, Durham
- Mrs. Lesley A. Ferguson, Morehead City
- Mrs. Rosalie Innacelli, Raleigh
- Msgr. Gerald Lewis, Vice-Chair Emeritus, Ex Officio, Raleigh
- Mr. John H. Ruocchio, Raleigh
- Mrs. Anne Stahel, Chair Emeritus, Raleigh
For more about the selection process, please see the Lewis Award Recipients section.